29 January 2017

shopping

I have tried two new Australian stores and am very impressed. I ordered fabric from one and a pattern from the other on a Sunday and received both within a week. This is very good as we live in a coastal town not a city.

 The first purchase was a layer cake from Cotton Factory. It is a Carolyn Friedlander Carikai layer cake. I will be using it to make outhouse for a friend.

I bought the Outhouse pattern from Clairs fabrics. I wanted the pattern instead of the PDF which I usually buy as it is paper piecing and I wanted to make sure I had the size exactly right with no printer modifications. A lovely bonus was two charm square size swatches of Carolyn Frienlander fabric. I have already used one in an outhouse!

I would recommend both of these shops to fellow Australians. The prices are very good for Australia (which is very expensive compared to the US) and the service is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment